Saturday, May 1, 2010

121/365 tapping out early...

11 days 11 hours
and that was it
I was done
detox 2010 was officially over

day 10,11 and 12 were tough
and perhaps harder then they were meant to be
I'm not sure,
all I know is that I became someone
I do not wish to be...

basically an emotional mess
mean. moody. non stop crying. out of control.
not usual behaviours for me.

as well, I felt bad.
really bad.
like a mack truck had run over me
backed up, and ran over me again.

after I was allowed to go with
my family to do errands today
(and trust me, I did nothing to
deserve to go out with them)
and cried all the way
down the bowling alley stairs
to take Kaeden to a birthday party
and hid behind my sunglasses

I decided that was it.

enough.

I'm competitive and not one to give up easily
but enough was enough.

I was getting scared
with how out of control I felt
& was shaky, dizzy and
had a brutal headache.

I went to the bakery (Glamorgan)
next to the bowling alley and
bought a package of these...
I then asked if we could go here...
within 15 minutes
I felt better
still dizzy and
still short tempered
but better.

I worked very hard to control my mood
drank about 12 glasses of water
ate a healthy dinner (delicious sushi at Sumo in Eau Claire)
and kept focused on the positive
(found my outfit for our photo shoot
and it was two sizes smaller than in January)

tonight I am still struggling
but am much more stable than this morning

I still feel like that Mack truck has it out for me,
but I am sure as long as I continue to eat healthy
and drink copious amounts of water
I will get back on track.

I don't think I will ever be doing
another cleanse like this one
as apparently my genetic make up
does not react favourably to
either the herbs, the removal of sugar, dairy or grains
or some combination of all of the above.

Next time I am sliding off track I
will just limit my intake of the above foods
and concentrate on increasing my
vegetables and water.

Even though I did not have
an favourable outcome I do
think (now) that there is a place for these
and that any time you focus on eliminating
unhealthy foods from your diet and
re-establishing a healthy eating pattern it
is a good thing.

Even though I definitely could have
live without the last 3 days
(and I am sure my family and friends could have as well)
I am glad I did it.

I'm proud of how focused I stayed,
the willpower I demonstrated
and maybe most importantly,
I developed a water drinking habit
and that is something I struggled with for
the last 30+years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Dee Ann! You did it! Congratulations that is a huge achievement!
Hugs,
Tamara
a loyal reader