and completely unrelated...top 5 reasons I need to this detox to be over (tomorrow is day 12)...
1. my brain cells have deteriorated...I forgot to tell my poor mom that Kaeden and Shelby were off school today so she went to pick Kaeden up at 2:45pm and was confused and concerned to why there was no one at the school...oops
2. I can have off days but NOTHING like today where I basically alienated everyone in my apartment by 8am and then laid into a stranger for standing in front of the numbers in the elevator, so I couldn't see if "M" was already pressed but since it was a full elevator and I am on the 4th floor, there was a good chance it was already pushed but I was on tear and didn't think of that at the time.
thankfully the walk to work cleared my mind a bit but I was still very irritable all morning...not many visitors by my desk I can tell you.
3. I would rather go the dentist then eat another rice cake ...and let me tell you, even the lure of sleep dentistry will not get me near the dentist's office so you know where rice cakes stand in my life
4. I hate being "that" girl...you know the one that can't eat anything you offer her and has to pack her own lunch and snacks when she comes over for dinner!
5. I am tired of my bathroom. It is small and really not that pretty
but....
now that I am not as irritable I can see the flip side...
1. I learned that I have a very supportive family and friends network. No one made me feel bad for being "that"girl, didn't ban me from the house when I was in a mood, were very aware of what they ate around me and were just generally very patient with me.
2. that Starbucks is going to taste SO good after a 12 day absence.
3. the scale budged a bit. It wasn't the main reason for this hell, I mean detox, but it was a nice perk.
4. realizing that I have WAY MORE will power then I have ever gave myself credit for. I will need to remember this next time I feel that I just HAVE to have something.
5. discovering new favourite foods such as baked yams & cinnamon and boiled eggs (not together of course)
2 comments:
OH NO. I wish I was here for this day.
You are doing an amazing job on your detox! And your are nearly done - yay! Sounds like it has been a hard, but good experience.
Post a Comment