Sunday, April 18, 2010

playing a little ketchup...


April 18th (108)
a funny saying of mine
well, funny to me anyways,
that I say when someone states
"I have a lot of "catch up" to do"
and I say...and I have a lot of mustard to do
get it..mustard and ketchup?
ok, like I said amusing to me
but due to lack of Internet
a lost camera
misplaced power cord
and the moving of our lives from
the 'burbs to downtown living
I am more than a little behind
so without further delay
I give you a quick 8 day overview
of the chaos that is my life...

April 17th (107)
playing with Lawrence's i-phone
at last night's bowling banquet
& took a picture of Kari's rosary that she received
from a good friend.

I am having more than a little phone lust,
especially since I have been without my camera
and only found the point/shoot yesterday
I have been surviving with my blackberry camera
and I LOVE the different camera apps
that you can get for the i-phone

I am trying really hard to walk away but
an i-phone may be in my future.

April 16th (106)
my technical war zone
and the bane of my existence
for the last week
well actually the last 6 months
where I reset my modem everyday
have the worlds slowest Internet
and call Telus weekly for a new modem
until yesterday when I had a titch of a fit
as I still had no internet
and "gently" demanded Telus get me up and running
or I was shipping their modem back in
little itty bitty pieces and moving to Shaw.

They showed up today (Sunday) and within
5 minutes I had my new modem
and super fast Internet.

April 15th (105)
the big day
closing date of our old house
I loved this house
and someday I will do a post
about it but as this is a super duper
condensed reader's digest version of
the last 8 days I will just leave it at
this was a sad day but
also a freeing day.

Operation Simplify felt
"simple" for the first time in
many weeks.

April 14th (104)
found a lucky penny
in the parking lot
after a staff bowling extravaganza

April 13th (103)
Shelby and I had a real chuckle
while we waited for Scott to come
back from a dump run...

for 2 years Scott would say EVERY SINGLE TIME
we would open the garage door and pull the car in
"this Saturday, we are cleaning out this garage
no excuses, this time it is getting done"
well it took selling the house but
the garage has finally been cleaned up for him :)

April 12th (102)
another moving giggle,
as we were cleaning out the basement
Matt (Shelby's boyfriend) found
this Ikea leaf of Kaeden's that
Kaeden sold to Matt for $2

When I saw it I said "perfect" as I took it from him
and put it on the top of his car
as he has leaking sun roofs
and I said he could drive around with this on top

him and Shelby thought it was amusing
but there was a good chance we were all
getting punchy from all the constant work we
were doing at the old house

April 11th (101)
one of the daisies that we bought
to brighten up the new apartment

April 10th (100)

our new home

a wee bit of a difference
from my last kitchen :)
we started loading up the trailer at 8am and by
11:30am we were unpacked and completely
settled into the apartment

Amazing how quick it is to unpack
when you have very few "things"

of course I had my bedside chair
(my table didn't fit)
all set up with my most recent book purchases
first thing
Shelby setting up the living room



4 comments:

heather said...

Great pictures. Welcome back!

Lisa said...

It's official, even without the fancy dancy camera you are an amazing photographer. And welcome back.

Starr Mercer said...

OK, I had tears looking at the ol' house photos. May be my crazy emotional state now, but the Mercers will miss it too...it was our home-away-from-home for 2 years...many happy memories for us there too!

Lachalle Jones said...

I was crying too Starr .Thinking about your move made me think in a few short months thats me . We official put the sign up today !
~L~