Monday, April 19, 2010

109/365 a countdown and a dose of Kaeden


when did he start to look so grown up?
a Kaeden and me conversation:

Me: What colour do you want your Disneyland journal to be? ( I am making him a journal to document our trip, collect autographs from the characters and have a place to put his pictures)

K: Red, yellow, blue, green, black, orange

Me: so all of them except pink and purple

K: that's not what I said

Me: ok, so red, yellow, blue, orange...the primary colours

K: (a big sigh) mom, orange is not a primary colour, it is a secondary colour

Me: ummm, yeah, right.

the countdown:

3 weeks until...

Kaeden is counting down the days until Disneyland/Legoland
Shelby is counting down the days until we go to "Cali"
Scott is counting down the days until he is on "vacation"
and me?
definitely our photo shoot with Tara Whitney
and seeing Scott "skip" when we enter the happiest place on earth!

I am trying really hard to not "over think"
our photo shoot but anyone who knows me
understands this is a losing battle!

I am trying to just go with the moment
and let Tara do her thing and see us
in her unique way
and not control the session
with pre-conceived ideas
of what this shoot should look like

this is the whole reason I chose her

her style. her unique view. her ability to capture personality.

my only contribution?

trying to match our clothes in
a way that screams
"we just threw these old things on"
when in reality I made Kaeden wear
his shorts & the colour of the shirt
that he will be wearing for the shoot
to the mall today
and Shelby and I would choose something
then stand beside him to see how it looks

oh boy...we are truly crazy

AND

I am buying all 4 of us
all star converse shoes
(in complimentary colours)
for our "feet"picture

(I got mine and Scott's tonight and
I think most people will be shocked with
what colour I chose for mine as 98% of you
would have guessed black - which they are not!)

now the last one I don't feel so bad about
as Tara DID ask us to bring something from
home to incorporate into our shoot
that is special to us
and as space in our suitcases
are reserved for TARGET shopping
and as we are all obsessed with shoes
and Tara is the queen of feet pictures
it seemed like a perfect fit!


No comments: