Monday, December 28, 2009

362/365 - 13,505 days

on this earth
and what do I have to show for it?

a great husband
two unique children
many kick arse friends
and a supportive family

pretty good tally in my eyes.

yep, it is Birthday day
a time for reflection
and for some unknown reason,
this 37th celebration
is causing a lot more analysis than usual.

Is it because as my good friend Kim states,
we are now pushing 40?
or is it due to Shelby getting close to graduating
and turning 18?
perhaps it is because I have changed a lot
in the last year and I'm finally feeling that
I may be "getting" this thing called life and balance
or is it this unsettling feeling I have been having
that this next year may be a year of big change as I continue to
strive to be the the most authentic person possible.

I am not sure why this heavy thinking
is occurring this year
but the comforting thing is that I have a good life
any changes will only make it better
and thankfully with my birthday
so close to the end of the year
I have a few more days to reflect
and think about a game plan for 2010.

a self portrait - 37 years old


2 comments:

Starr Mercer said...

Happy Birthday Dee-Ann! Miss you, miss you!

Blair Marie Photography said...

Thats one smoking 37 year old!!!

-) Happy Birthday Pretty lady!

Blair