Tuesday, May 18, 2010

138/365 we can't all have green thumbs...

my basil plant
day 3
and yes mom,
I watered it
and moved it to the light

I really thought I may have gotten
the hang of this whole "plant" thing as
I have kept my bamboo alive for 3 months
but apparently basil and I...
not friends.

last night my mom and I were discussing my
desire to live downtown
and she was gobsmacked that someone could
live without green around them,
no grass, no trees, no gardens
and my response "nope, not going to miss it, not one bit"
besides we are 2 blocks away from the river (and pathways)
and I am in a beautiful green grassy, treed little bit of heaven
every weekend and I don't have to mow it as the deers
take care of it...

her statement "what gene pool did you come from?"

umm, yeah I am not sure. My brother lives for the outdoors. My mom is an expert gardener and plant person (the ultimate green thumb) and my sister is showing a real interest in cultivating her gardening skills...me? well I obviously can't keep basil alive, dislike bugs and am more than happy to allow the deers to do any required yard work at the lake.

(this can also be added to the "opposites attract list" with my best friend Kim, she LOVES to spend time out in her yard and grows a very mean zucchini)

3 comments:

heather said...

love it!!!! lol

Lisa said...

that poor plant. what did it ever do to you!

Jenny Hill said...

I oftem say I have a black thumb of death - I can't keep a plant alive to save my life. I also hate bugs - if a plant in my house gets a bug - I jsut throw out the plant - way too much work to get get ride of the bug itself.

The one plant I have been able to keep alive though is Basil - but that is only because i am motivated by my stomach - I love fresh basil to cook with.