Saturday, January 23, 2010

a mini what's for dinner

mini spinach frittatas
ingredients:

finely chopped onion (1/2 cup) *extra virgin olive oil (1 tsp)*chopped spinach (1 1/2 cups)*egg (1) * egg whites (4) *reduced fat cheese, grated (1/4 cup)*seasoning (I used greek seasoning but anything would probably work)

the how:

PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees.

SPRAY a mini muffin pan (24 muffins) with nonstick cooking spray.

SAUTE the onions in the oil until soft.

ADD spinach and cook until wilted.

REMOVE from heat.

MEANWHILE, in a medium bowl WHISK the egg and egg whites.

ADD cheese and seasoning.

ADD onions/spinach and MIX.

SPOON the mixture into each mini muffin cup, filling them half way.

COOK for 15 minutes.

~ each mini frittata has 11 Calories, 0.4 gram Fat, 0.5grams, Carbs, .02 grams Fiber 0.2g, 1.3 grams Protein

~ I had 6 for dinner with a cup of vegetables (beets) and was very satisfied. However, this is a light meal and may be better suited for lunch or to have on hand for snacks.
~ recipe adapted from this website (http://lowfatcooking.about.com/od/appetizersandsnacks/r/minifrittatas.htm)

2 comments:

miranda said...

Loos so good!

miranda said...

haa haa looks is what I meant to type.