Saturday, January 23, 2010

23/365

my bedside table 2010this is one picture I like to take each year
as I always seem to have a rather large stack of books
year after year
and I like to see which titles are still there
each year (and some year after year!)

one book that finally got moved
was "the way the crow flies" by Anne MacDonald
after 3 years, I took it to the lake this last summer
and read it over a weekend
(it was an excellent book by the way)

some of these have been read and not moved
to the bookcase yet

some are half started and I am waiting
for the right (smart) frame of mind
to finish

& there may be one that has been read but is
waiting for someone (who knows who they are)
to read their copy so we can discuss it
but I have been waiting so long I have
a feeling I will need to re-read it to remember
exactly what points I wanted to discuss!

there are also some books not there as
I now have a book stack in my office
as well (Freakonomics, At Work being two of the half read)

this is why I need summer time to arrive
so I can have some uninterrupted book time
at the lake.

the one thing that struck me this year
was the inspirational words in the titles...

Hope
Amazing
Grace
Best Friends
Love
Truth

well there is also audacity, dysfunction and arsehole but it's good to have balance!

1 comment:

Blair Marie Photography said...

You need to see my bedside bookshelf!! If your looking for some good reads, The time travellers wife and Eat Pray Love are a must!!
xo