1. she is not a fan of pictures taken on an angle (says it makes her dizzy and she has to tilt her head to the side to look at the picture) &
2. the New Year sees her banning Starbucks as she engages in a healthy lifestyle change and even though she is very mad at them (the death of our earl grey tea misto) she is still missing our morning Starbucks run &
probably doesn't need me to rub it in with a (severely tilted) picture of a delicious Chai Tea Latte in one of my favourite Starbuck mugs.
I am proud of her though, not sure I could do it to the same extent that she has.
I am proud of her though, not sure I could do it to the same extent that she has.However, she did inspire me to take a look at what we have been eating and I've decided to do a nutrition and exercise "adjustment" for me and the kids.
Shelby wasn't on board at first, especially the part about eating breakfast, but I have convinced her we can make some muffins or homemade granola bars she can eat on the way to school.
Kaeden is not too sure about the new rule of one (big) glass of water before milk/juice at all meals or the addition of extra vegetables to his meal tonight (insert a dramatic "I can't believe you RUINED my favourite meal of all time with extra vegetables, WHY oh WHY did you have to do that, it will never be the same" here)
I am struggling with the (self imposed) rule of no eating after dinner. This one is just for me as the kids are both healthy weights and I don't want to go overboard. It is just really important to me that they see good balanced eating and exercise habits and that there is good healthy foods available for them.
We were doing a pretty good job and I try to keep us healthy but like most things, it is always good to stop, review and make a few adjustments. At this point though I can tell you it won't involve getting rid of the occasional piece of dark chocolate or my Starbucks...that may change, but baby steps for now.
3 comments:
So proud, that is awesome! I have some recipes! Veggies before bread is most of what I have learned.
Oh and thought I would share that something is working. Down 6 lbs in 1 week and 5 days and about 2 inches overall. In case you or your family is wondering if it's working. So far so good.
Love the mug - is it old? I have never seen that one before.
Post a Comment