Friday, December 4, 2009

338/365 quote Friday

"Time for the weather report. It's cold out folks. Bonecrushing cold. The kind of cold which will wrench the spirit out of a young man, or forge it into steel."
~Diane Frolov and Andrew Schneider,
Northern Exposure, Lost and Found, 1992
another winter storm today
and the above picture is of my car
STUCK
in the snow
and I mean stuck as in
all the back and forth, back and forth, back and forth
was not going to help me
and you may be asking
oh my, where did this happen?
downtown, worse yet,
on deerfoot?
oh no,
after a 45 minute, hands at 10 and 2,
say a little prayer type of drive
I get stuck in...
my driveway.
How truly ironic
that I drove through some of the worse roads
I have seen in a long time
and I end up having to get dug
out of my own driveway.

I really need to figure out one of these days
why I live here in the winter.

No comments: