Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tuesday is brought to you...

the number 328 &
my new "cover my arse" daytimer &
my upcoming birthday where I will be NOT be pushing 40,
but instead will continue to pull my 30's along with me!
Recently I have been relying on my brain and my computer calendar to keep my life organized. After missing two appointments (which is not usual for me) and double, triple booking myself (which is very common) I decided neither of these two tools are working very well for me.

However, as part of my daytime job is to streamline workflows & efficiencies and use all technology available to achieve this goal, you can see the internal conflict I would have when I discovered I SUCK at utilizing technology to keep my life in order. As I was feeling out of control and guilty for letting people down, I decided to break down and buy a little (and very cute/stylish by the way) old school paper daytimer and have been religious in writing EVERYTHING down.

I am choosing to believe I am just getting busier and it is now harder than ever to juggle all of my responsibility balls in the air versus the possible scenario it has anything to do with me getting older and my poor brain not being as nimble as it once was - yep, that's what I am going with!

1 comment:

Starr Mercer said...

I love a paper day-timer too, and our family calendar that hangs in our kitchen is the bible to our family schedule.