Monday, November 23, 2009

a bonus recipe as I am a cooking fool these days

Gingerbread Muffins
this is a brand new recipe to me

I have had the cookbook, The 250 Best Muffin Recipes by Esther Brody for years and have made a few but haven't really tried anything different then the usual Bran Muffins.

I was moved to try this one as the gingerbread holiday season is just around the corner and I have a good friend who loves gingerbread.

Without further ado...

the ingredients:
Whole Wheat Flour (1 1/2 cups). All Purpose Flour (1 1/2 cups). Packed Brown Sugar (1/3 cup). Baking powder (3 1/2 tsp). Ginger (2 tsp). Cinnamon (3/4 tsp). Salt (1/2 tsp). Egg (1). Milk (1 1/4 cups). Molasses (1/2 cup). Melted Butter (or margarine - 1/2 cup).

the how:

in a large bowl, COMBINE both flours, brown sugar, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, salt

MAKE a well in the center

IN a 4 cup Pyrex measuring cup (or any other medium sized bowl) WHISK Egg, milk, molasses and melted butter.

ADD to dry ingredients. STIR until moist.

SPOON batter into a stoneware muffin pan (or a greased/papered muffin tin), FILL to top.

MAKES 12 muffins

BAKE In preheated oven for 20 minutes.

I had a little taste and thought these were very good. However, as I am not a huge gingerbread fan, I will be giving a couple to the friend who inspired me to make these and see what she thinks.

~ recipe from The 250 Best Muffin Recipes, Esther Brody, Page 173

No comments: