Monday, November 23, 2009

327/365 What's for dinner tonight...

Shelby's favourite, Thai Chicken Pizza
this is an easy and better yet, delicious recipe
it has been Shelby's favourite since the first time I made it (over 5 years ago)
and it is a frequent request

ingredients:

Olive Oil (1 tsp). Chicken Breast(1/2 lb, cut into bite size pieces). Mrs Dash seasoning (1 tsp). red chili pepper flakes (a titch). curry powder (1/2 tsp). Low Fat Creamy peanut butter (3 tbsp). Light Soya Sauce (2 Tbsp). water (1 tbsp). pizza crust (12 inch, I used a whole wheat cooked Sobey's crust). chopped green onions (3). can of mushrooms (1). chopped tomato (1). grated Mozzarella cheese (1 cup)

the how:

PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F

HEAT oil in frypan

ADD chicken, COOK until no longer pink

ADD Mrs.Dash, Chili Pepper Flakes, Curry - STIR and SET ASIDE

SOFTEN peanut butter in microwave (approx. 15 seconds - I use a 1 cup Pyrex measuring cup but any glass/ceramic dish will do)

ADD water, soya sauce & STIR

PUT pizza crust on a pizza pan (or a cookie sheet)

SPREAD sauce over pizza crust

TOP with chicken

ADD chopped green onion, mushrooms and tomato

TOP with Mozzarella cheese

BAKE for 5 minutes in oven

after the 5 minutes, SET oven to BROIL

WATCH carefully, remove when cheese begins to bubble.

SERVE with fresh cut vegetables

~ adapted from Cooking for the Rushed by Sandi Richard

2 comments:

Starr Mercer said...

I'm totally going to have to try this one...YUM!

miranda said...

Making this too...Yum.