Thursday, July 16, 2009

197/365 F&FT and a large helping of cuteness

There are many people that need to thank
the very cute Miss McKenzie tonight
as she saved them from being subjected to an interview.
(no worries, though... I will get them eventually)

I was on my way
to corner my dad or my brother in law for tonight’s interview
but first stopped at Starbucks to see my mom, Shelby & Matt
and low and behold, Lisa and her daughter McKenzie were there.
I hadn't interviewed either of them so it was very good news for me.

I decided to go with interviewing McKenzie tonight,
and as she is only 19 months and her vocabulary,
even though it is awesome for her age,
is limited to up, down, puppy and a few others
which may not make for a very long interview
her mom (Lisa) helped me with the questions.

I do apologize to my mom as she had asked Shelby and Matt
for a nice visit to give Shelby her birthday gift
and I crashed the get together and furthermore
blew in like a tornado and took over the visit.
I tell you I can be a hard biting, cutthroat journalist
when it comes to getting my interview : )watch out Barbara Walters!
but it was great to get an interview on a Thursday
and such an adorable one at that.

without further ado, introducing...

Miss McKenzie, 19 months old,
 who has truly grown out of my baby nickname for her "Baby Buddha"
she has become a true little lady who loves to get into
Shelby's jewellery collection when she is over for a babysitting visit.~ the above picture is NOT a 365 project picture as it was taken a couple of months ago when McKenzie was over for a babysitting visit

the interview:


What is her favourite thing to do? I would like to say play and colour but I really think it is eating…anything you put in front of her, vegetables above all else

What is her least favourite thing to do? Have her hair washed or her teeth brushed

What was the last film she saw at the theater? Ha ha ha ha ha… sorry, I haven’t attempted that yet

What is her favorite TV show? Pocoyko

What do you think she will be when she grows up? Happy - her mommy wants her to be happy…what does she want to be? she likes to see if you are ok…so I will say a doctor

What food does she dislike? Grapes…I think that is it..she loves lemon, dill pickles, olives, mushrooms…all kind of foods you wouldn’t associate with kids..she wasn’t too keen on peanut butter and jam last week

What is her favorite song at the moment? I don’t know if she has one, she likes itsy bitsy spider, doing the actions, she likes to do a dance party – thanks to Shelby she dances to any song

Favorite item of clothing? Really nothing – she likes to be naked, the more nude the better

If she could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would she go? Grandma and Grandpa Cucheron’s house

Favorite sport to watch ? hockey (ahh that’s my girl, training them young!)

Is she a morning person or a night person? Ha ha she likes to wake up at 3am and play with the animals in her cribs, I guess that makes her a morning person

What is her favorite candy? Ummm… the only candy she is allowed is the 100% all fruit snacks, I am not sure what they are called.

What is her favorite flower? Anything that has a scent

If she was a crayon, what color would she be? pink

If she was a candy, what would she be?
The peanut gallery (my mom, Shelby, Matt and me): a Sweetheart Candy
Lisa: I don’t know…these are hard..what would she be… I would go with a sweetheart I guess

Favorite drink? Milk with yogurt - we add some of her yogurt to her milk and it makes a little milkshake which she loves

Favorite restaurant? Anyone she has tried. She has been to lots, she loves to eat out, as people pay attention to her.

What is she afraid of ? it depends on the day…honestly I don’t know, she doesn’t a any real fears – we think she will love rides as she likes to turn herself in circles to make herself dizzy. She just has no fear, will try anything on her own, very independent.

Favorite day of the week? Saturday or Sunday as both of her parents are around.

Favourite Memory of last year? She went to grandma and grandpa, got some teeth…it was a very big year for her, learned how to eat, learned how to walk – it was a good year.

What makes her happy? Food…if she is miserable we give her food and she is happy – and showing off, she loves to show off and get attention

What makes her sad? Not a lot

What story/memory will you tell your grandchildren about Mckenzie? Umm yeah… I’ll tell my grandchildren what a good baby their mom was and what a goofball she was and that she had a thing for black men, if we go into my work, she always runs right to them and asks for hugs

Describe McKenzie in one word. Hope - she is my hope for the future.

Lisa: Can I add Favourite phrase?
Dee: Sure
Lisa: you ok? Which means…are you ok, am I ok, I think I hurt myself , have you hurt yourself – means a variety of things depending on the situation

Bonus Pictures from tonight:~ this next picture is interesting to me, if you look very closely in the reflection of her eyes you can see me taking her picture.~ Lisa...I got a little misty looking at this next picture, realizing that a very short 15 1/2 years ago that was Shelby and I thought maybe you would have the opposite thought...look how quickly they grow up and that will be McKenzie in a very short 15 1/2 years.~ I also LOVE the attitude and sassiness I am getting from them both...McKenzie looks like she is saying...really lady, another picture? enough with the mamarazzi already. 

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hee Hee - you made my answers sound good so now I am not so scared for my interview! I know it's coming! Duh duh Duh! (insert scary music). Love the pics.