Wednesday, January 7, 2009

winter beauty

"late for work"
I had always wondered how artists
arrived at titles for their art, 
be it a painting, sculpture or photograph
especially when it made  no sense to me
on how it related  to the art
but today I have a new understanding
as I call this series of pictures 
"late for work"
which probably means nothing to you
but to me it is a perfect title.
As usual Kaeden and I were running very late
this morning and he is very specific about
getting to school in time to walk in with his class 
however, I was in awe of the 
winter beauty this morning
but knew that I couldn't go back in to get my camera
so I took him to school but the whole
time I was itching for my camera
so I dropped him off, went back home
grabbed my camera and took 
photos of the frost 
I was about 30 minutes late but
luckily we have a flexible work schedule
and I just stayed a bit longer
and then when I drove home
I took a few more in the dark
and this series is called...
"late for supper"
 

1 comment:

Meg and Darren said...

I love those photo's. I was thinking that on the way to work too, how pretty the frost was.