Thursday, January 6, 2011

a conversation with an 8 year old.

Scenario: Kaeden had been asked to clean his room, this request always brings a lot of drama and calls for someone, anyone to help him as he just can't do it himself. Even though I point out that he certainly didn't need any help to mess it up, the drama continues.

Me: Dude, just clean your room, the longer you carry on the more time you are wasting (yep,I took that directly out of the Mom handbook)

Kaeden: I can't do it, it's just too much

Me: Seriously Kaeden, you are 8 years old - you can handle this

-lots of complaining, whining and mumbling and of course nothing was getting done and then I hear...

Kaeden: I am calling my lawyer

Me (I was just outside his door in my office/loft area): ummm pardon?

Kaeden: I am calling my lawyer

Me: about what?

Kaeden: These conditions I am living under, it is just not fair

Me: you have a lawyer?

Kaeden: uhhh yeah? (with the unspoken "duh" added in) and he is not going to be happy about this

1 comment:

Jenny Hill said...

I love it! I wonder if he thinks you are going to pay for this lawyer?