the SLR tally is now 3in our house
with the addition of Shelby's grad gift
a Canon Rebel Digital SLR
I was touched and proud when
she expressed interest in a good solid
camera for her grad gift
as I kind of thought it would be
Tiffany jewelery or an i-phone.
I have learned so much about myself,
life and others through the camera lens that
I am excited that it is being passed to the
next generation and that she sees the
importance of spending time
exploring her creative side.
who knows if this will turn into the
passion that I have or will just be a tool
for her to capture her everyday life
whatever she decides
I know that she will always appreciate
the chance to make time stand still
& record this new, scary & hopefully
exciting time in her life.
tomorrow is her graduation
mass and convocation,
so far I have kept it together
and only shed a few tears
the slideshow my friend Krista did
for us, showing Shelby from a baby to now
was impossible to get through without
a few (or more) tears, I am not sure there were
many dry eyes at Shelby's pre-grad party
thanks Krista, you did an awesome job &
she will always treasure the DVD.
we will see how I do
when she is in her graduation robe
and is walking across the stage,
that may be my final undoing.
I will be sure to pack a few boxes
of tissues just in case.
No comments:
Post a Comment