Just when I was about to rename this operation
to something like Operation Impossible Dream
(as it has been anything but simple lately)
it has started to yield some very positive dividends.
on the Operation Simplify Homefront
1) we may have found the answer to our homelessness - just trying to finalize an apartment downtown. More on this once everything is settled. I have a whole post, could almost be a novel, on what we have learned during this process.
2) look at the picture below for a clue of where we have booked a spur of the moment family vacation...

did you guess DISNEYLAND,
then you would be right
it is a very quick 5 day trip
to thank the kids for being so patient
during this upheaval and to
reinforce the reasons we chose
to embrace simplicity.
more time together as a family
enjoying the moments of every day
and creating memories
which leads us to the news I am
so over the top excited about
this email:

if you can't read make heads or tails of the above email
then let me help:
for many years
I have followed the blog of photographer
I love her style,
it is free, fresh and unscripted.
On my bucket list was to get great family photos
preferably by Tara Whitney.
We have never had professional photos done
and I can count on one hand the family snapshots
that I am in.
I never really thought the Tara Whitney part
would be possible
but until I found someone
that I found as inspiring locally,
I wasn't very motivated to arrange photos.
Well, fast forward to our spur of the moment trip
(we leave in May)
and a hail mary email to Tara asking,
ok, it was more like begging,
if she had any availability
while we were in town
not really expecting she would be available
but Shelby convinced me to email her
as she knew I would kick myself if I didn't
at least check.
To my absolute shock and
delight, Tara is available and
we are now working out the details.
Scott asked me,
just how much is this going to cost?
and my reply?
more than a breadbox,
less than a Pinto
apparently that was not reassuring for him
I just know how excited I am
and that hopefully I will finally
get the family photo I have been
wishing for
at such a perfect time as
we embark on this new
way of living
and with Shelby getting ready to
graduate, turn 18
and start out on her own
this may be one of the last family trips
for awhile
and it will be great to
document this time,
right now,
with photos by someone
I really admire
and respect
and who has shaped my style as
a photographer.
5 comments:
Thata amazing we do have that wish on our bucket list as a family . My husband and i each wrote a list of 20 things that we want to do before we die and put our lists together . Then last time our step son was home we asked our kids what they want to add . Its was very inspiring to me as our two girls are to young to be involved yet but our son lists was not what we expected makes you feel good that you are doing right by your kids. Can not wait to see your pictures !! and is patiently waiting for my turn too when the time is right to capture our family memories .
~L~
That's awesome! You beat us to it :) When we became preggo with baby #3, I made plans for our family to travel to Disney too and have a photo session with Tara Whiney. Someone in our house, let's call him 'Mr. Poopy Pants' said there would be no way we're taking the kids there until Ace it at least 8 years old. So hopefully one day, I look forward to this happening for us too! Can't wait to see the pics and have a wonderful time in Disney! Sad you cancelled your trip to see us in Sask, we were ALL really looking forward to it, it's been WAY too long since we have seen the Chibrys in Oxbow :(
Congratulations on all fronts. I just checked out Tara's website...amazing. You remind me of each other in your style of photography. It looks like it will be a fun experience. And YEAH to a place to live! Woot Woot! Can't wait until McKenzie is also old enough for Disney. Hope you have an amazing time.
Have a great time! I used to follow Tara's blog, but stopped for some reason. I'll have to start again so I can see your photos on there! Make sure you link to them. You are going to have a great time and I'm sure Tara is going to fall in love with taking photos of your son. I can't wait to read her blog post about her experience! ;)
Hi Dee, We just got back from Disney and had a GREAT time!!! You will have a blast!! If you want some tips... just send me an email. And Tara Whitney.... WOW!! I follow her blog too... she is wonderful in every way!! Truely talented!! What an opportunity!! Some things you just can't put a price tag on... and a family photoshoot with Tara would be one of those! Enjoy the moment!!
Post a Comment