this year has been dedicated to finding
my authentic self
accepting who I am
and being true to that every day
but also pushing myself to be better.
I knew from the beginning that
this year was going to be difficult
and uncomfortable at times.
things were going to have to change
tough decisions had to be made.
operation healthy family
was just the beginning.
every facet of my life
and in turn my family's life
is under review:
health
eating habits
spending habits
values
how we spend our time
our relationships
goals and dreams.
With that in mind
it is time to introduce,
Operation Simplify
life is busy
life is complicated
that is fact.
but are we (this family) making
it even harder on ourselves by spending
our time and money
on items that are not of value to us?
running in circles
to support a life that is not fulfilling?
there are many levels that we need to simplify
and I knew when I entered into this
particular operation
it was going to be very difficult
and the first tough decision:

selling our home,
and moving to a smaller (1400 sq ft)
less expensive semi detached home
in a neighbouring community
(New Brighton).
This is a big and difficult decision.
Scott built this home
it is beautiful
and we love it.
however,
it is expensive to maintain
from both a time and money perspective.
we had to be real with ourselves
we are not stay at home people
we are not huge on cleaning
and by no stretch are we gardeners
this is not a fault
just not a strength for us
we were trying too hard
and that didn't feel right for our family.
there are goals we want to achieve
as individuals
as a family
so even though it is hard
and feels anything but simple
right now...
I know this is the right thing for us.
Scott is with me
& is fully on board
the kids & the dog?
well, it is a work in progress
but Shelby is old enough to understand
what we are trying to achieve
& she is a trooper, she will come around
Kaeden is starting to come around
the fact that in the new house he
has a huge walk in closet
& an en-suite has helped soften the blow.
and the dog?
she is really out of sorts
as we clean, organize & prepare
to list the house
but she is not called an amoeba for
nothing and I am sure she will settle in just fine.
5 comments:
Great post. (I was linked to you from our friend Starr Mercer.) I feel like everything mentioned in the above post, everyone should be a follower.
I N S P I R I N G to say the least.
MH from Oxbow
Good on ya Dee!! We mention it to each other often... but never act on it. We could be SO much simpler. If everyone did what you are brave enough to do... the world would be a much happier and less stressful place to live.
Give yourselves a pat on the back.
Let the adventure begin.
Hugs
We are so very proud of you. You and Scott have made a very difficult and intuitive decision. I still insist you have (at the moment) missed your calling. A poet too??? Wow!
Congratulations on having made the decision. I doubt it was easy...now I just have to figure out how to rob a bank so I can buy your house....hmmmm
So excited for you guys and your fresh beginning!
Post a Comment