got sloppy with a side of yummy
I was NOT going to do yet another food post
but this was SO good you must give it a whirl
and I don't even like sloppy joes and I ate
the whole thing and packed more for leftovers tomorrow.
Sloppy Joes with Creamy Coleslaw
ingredients
lean ground beef (1 lb)*large onion, finely diced (1)*chopped white mushrooms(2 cups)* diced tomatoes (2 cups)*flour (2 tbsp)*water (1/2 cup)*cider vinegar(1/4 cup)*heinz chili sauce (1/4 cup)*ketchup (1/4 cup)*whole wheat hamburger buns (8)
the how:
in a large frying pan, COOK ground beef, onions, mushrooms for approx 8-10 minutes (until all moisture has evaporated)
ADD tomatoes and flour. STIR.
ADD water, cider vinegar, chili sauce & ketchup
BRING to a SIMMER
REDUCE heat to LOW and stir occasionally until sauce is thickened (about 8-10 minutes)
SERVE WARM on the buns
~ 233 calories, 6 grams fat, 31 carbs, 5 grams fiber
the Coleslaw:
ingredients
reduced fat mayo (3 tbsp)*non fat plain yogurt (3 tbsp)*dijon mustard (3 tbsp)*cider vinegar (2 tsp)*sugar (1 tsp)*salt&pepper (to taste)*bag of coleslaw (approx 5 cups)*raisins (1/2 cup) *silvered almonds (1/2 cup) * chopped apple (1 - I like Granny Smith)
the how:
COMBINE mayo, yogurt,mustard,cider vinegar & sugar in a large bowl
SEASON with salt and pepper
ADD coleslaw mix, raisins, silvered almonds, chopped apple & MIX
SERVES 6 (3/4 cup servings)
~ 123 calories, 14 grams carbs, 4 grams fat, 3 grams protein

1 comment:
Loving What's For Dinner WEEK!
Post a Comment