Wednesday, October 14, 2009

287/365 wordy Wednesday

and a political message:
I believe in him. I believe in change.
I want to see a positive change for all of society.
We need it. We need a leader.
The problem though is that this world is complicated.
No matter what he say and does, someone will disagree.
he is too soft. too hard. too left. too right.
he is good for Canada. he is bad for Canada.
he is trying to better his own economy. he is a protectionist.
the old boys club like the status quo.
the young are anxious and impatient for change.
everyone has an opinion. some are informed. some are not.

everyone states they want change,
but can society be authentic?

can we follow through with our lip service for
democracy, not only when it is convenient, but every single time
even when it is uncomfortable.
can we really embrace free speech?
even when we don't agree with what is being said.
can we make society accountable for their actions?
and not make excuses.
can we really have equality?
or is it just the right thing to say.

we say we want change.
but are we able to make the hard decisions and sacrifices
to make it happen?
and who will we allow to lead us?

** please remember these are my opinions only. You may not agree with me and that is ok. I believe 100% in free speech and welcome your opinions. I always like to hear alternative view points as I think it is important to have silly putty opinions (always moldable, adjustable & flexible) and not concrete ones. I also think it is important to not sign as Anonymous, please stand behind your words and be proud of your opinions. I simply ask that you treat me and my thoughts with respect and I will always promise to do the same to you.

*** thanks to Shelby and Matt for finding this Jones Soda and knowing that I would love it, picked one up for me (FYI, the soda tastes pretty gross, but I will be keeping the bottle!)

2 comments:

Bud said...

you are absolutely WRONG!!!!
wink wink nudge nudge

Anonymous said...

OHG! Dee you know that I agree completely with you. What I am most interested in is WHERE DID THEY FIND THAT BOTTLE?????? CI