a little background to this crazy statement:
in January 2007 I read a blog post by the inspiring Ali Edwards
where she introduced the "one word" concept
a word that sums up who you are,
what you are looking to achieve
a word that inspires you to
be all that you want and can be.
In 2007, I was all gung ho to find my word
that special combination of vowels and consonants that
could define me. motivate me. inspire me.
I googled, read the dictionary, polled my friends and family
drove myself crazy trying to find just the right one
and eventually my search just died off with no chosen word.
In 2008, Ali Edwards again posted her word
and I was determined that it was my year.
I mulled a few over, picked one
than thought it wasn't quite what I wanted
so picked another and so on...
until eventually like 2007 the end result was no word.
in 2009 I thought about it
and decided instead of forcing the issue I would just wait.
I figured it may not be this year or even in the next 10 next years
but eventually a word would just pop into my mind
& it would feel right.
Driving home tonight my mind was going in
a thousand different directions and all of a
sudden, out of the blue, this word came to me:
and it is the perfect word for me.
I strive to be who I am every day.
no smoke and mirrors.
no public relations spin.
no "work" persona and "home" persona
just me and my values,morals and beliefs.
If I say something I believe it
If I have an opinion I will defend it.
If I tell you something it is the truth.
I will respect you and your opinions
I think everyone has value
I do not believe in extra drama
I do not like hurtful gossip
I avoid negativity
However, I would not be authentic
if I didn't say this was a work in a progress
that I work on this everyday
but I know in my heart that I am more authentic then I was last year
and more authentic than I was yesterday
I will continually strive for this word
as like the perfect word should...
I want it to eventually define who I am...
100% of the time.
Do you have a word? How do you want to be defined?
Bonus Picture:
~ I have started an inspiration board, not on purpose, more of an evolution of me putting things on there so they wouldn't get lost/wrecked until I had a chance to find a home for them and now deciding that they can stay right where they are.
1 comment:
Hmm excellent word. From what I know of you it really does fit. I don't have a word...hmm...I think I will start with defining a bouquet of words and work down from there.
Post a Comment